Monday, September 6, 2010

California, I'm home.



Oh this is the start of something good, don't you agree?
- Gavin Degraw

Ever heard that song?  It's a good one.  I can't believe it's been a month since I've blogged!  I know I need to give a Talan update and just write some random thoughts but thought I would take a minute and write about myself.  More for my sake than anyone else's, it helps me process!

Seven weeks ago I left Florida, my home of six years and started the trek to California.  Why the change you ask?  Because it was time.  It was right and it was time.  After a few days at home (of which there are some VERY cute pictures of some adorable nephews and a niece that will be posted) I finished my trek to Cali.  I do not recommend driving 24 hours straight - just in case you were thinking about doing that.  It makes for some good memories but not something I would want to repeat.  Ha!

I've been in California four weeks now.  Crazy!  Just been taking some time to chill and see the sites.  Meet new friends and get reacquainted with some old ones.  I love it here...mountains, beach, sun, cool nights.  It's just good to be right where you are supposed to be.

It wasn't until after I'd been here that I really started thinking about what I'd just done.  Did I really just pack up everything I own, load it in my truck and drive 2,300 miles to a new state?  Did I really just leave all of my friends, people who had become like family to me, over the past 6 years...to go to a new place...where I know a handful of people?  Did I really just leave everything I've known and everyone I know for...umm...for what?  Yes.  Yes I just did that.

New state.  New city.  New culture.  Different weather.  New friends.  New church.  Different job.  New season.  I think that is the very definition of adventure :)

I love Ephesians 3:20
God can do anything, you know—far more than you could ever imagine or guess or request in your wildest dreams! He does it not by pushing us around but by working within us, his Spirit deeply and gently within us.

God CAN do anything.  And He does, when you let Him, when you yield to Him and trust Him.  And He certainly does far more than you can imagine.  He is doing it for me.  What's crazy is He does it without you even looking.  The whole time you're thinking, "God, you're crazy.  I don't want to do this.  I don't want this.  I don't know.  I'm not sure."  And the entire time He is saying, "Just trust Me.  Let Me do it.  Follow Me."  And when you do that, when you shut your brain off and just follow - He does Ephesians 3:20.  Just gotta yield to His spirit.

What's your California?  What is God telling you to do that you're fighting?  That has you scared?  Uncertain?  Unsure?  What is it He's speaking to you about?  Where He's telling you to just trust Him.  To stop.  To let Him.  To yield to Him.  I know what my response was to God when I knew it was time to move to California.  CrAzInEsS!!  But I know Him.  I know what He's done to get me here.  And I know what He is doing now that I'm here.  And I know what my future holds...it's Ephesians 3:20.

So whatever it is - GO FOR IT!  Yield to Him.  Trust Him.  He'll do Ephesians 3:20 for you.



2 comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin