Thursday, September 16, 2010

Sun Stand Still

A new book is coming out next week that I'm pretty stoked about.  Sun Stand Still is the first book from Steven Furtick, pastor of Elevation Church in Charlotte, NC.  I stumbled upon his church a few years ago, a friend visited it and came back talking about it nonstop.  I've been following their podcasts, website, series and blogs ever since.  He's doing serious things for God and doesn't apologize for it.

People who go all-in and live their life to do what God has created them to do inspire me.  Especially when those people recognize what they're called to do isn't about making a name for themselves.  It's about doing what God has called them to do because of the PEOPLE they are called to reach.  I've heard countless stories and read even more blogs and truly believe that this is Furtick's heart.  It's about people, so much so that he doesn't form certain habits or refuses to do certain things because he doesn't want to get tripped up or do something that would cause the people he's called to reach to hurt or be disillusioned.  I think that's how Jesus was.  And I admire people who go all-in.

Sun Stand Still will rock your world - I've just read one chapter - the book doesn't come out until the 21st, but just a few pages has already turned me inside out and confirmed SO MUCH of what God has been speaking to me over the past few months.  Amazing.  Timely.  Encouraging.  Some much needed fuel added to an already blazing fire.

Something that struck me in reading tonight:


"When you have a dream in your heart, but no earthly idea how to make it happen, keeping your faith intact is a full-time job.  But I've discovered that these crises of belief don't have to be the end of faith.  They can become the foundation that a stronger faith is built on."

I couldn't agree more!  Too many times we quit when things don't work out the first time or second or even the third.  Anything worth having is worth pursuing.  Worth fighting for.  Worth believing in.  Too many times we take things not working out as a sign that "it's not it".  And then we lose out on some of the best things in life.  All because we weren't willing to go for it.  Again.  What happened to our tenacity?  Our passion?  Our faith?  Our stubbornness? 

Did you quit the first time you didn't hit a baseball?  The first time you swung and missed?  It took me a couple tries to learn to ride my bike by myself.  I didn't quit the first, second or third time I fell down.  I'm not a fan of heights.  But I didn't let that stop me from climbing trees.  Or going off a high dive.  Or cliff diving.  I suck at frisbee golf.  But I still like to play.  I still try.  Because I want to be better.

Walt Disney had a dream.  I read somewhere that over a hundred banks turned him down.  No one wanted to fun Disney World.  But he kept at it.  Because he had a dream.  He knew he had something.  Now you'd be hard pressed to find someone in the world that doesn't know or own something Disney.

What are your greatest desires?  Your biggest dreams?  What do you want your life, home, family, marriage, career to look like?  You can have it.  God wants us to have THE BEST.  He gave His son so that we could have REAL and eternal life.  A more and BETTER life than we ever DREAMED (John 10:10).

I know what my future looks like.  It doesn't matter what I've experienced.  What my home life was like.  What my family is like.  What other people have.  I know what it's going to be for ME.  I choose it.  I believe it.  I ask for it.  And I see it.

Go pre-order your copy of Sun Stand Still RIGHT NOW!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin