I spent all last week at Camp Decision, the youth camp I used to work for. I took a group of our students from Life Church...let me tell you, we had one awesome week! I wasn't sure how it would be for me, going from helping to run the entire camp to bringing a group and participating, but I'm so glad I did it, not just for my sake, but for our teenagers. God showed up for them in a big way!
Somethings I learned at camp this week:
1. I didn't realize I was a part of something so monumental, so life-changing for so many. To participate in the camp and be on the other side, made me realize what all I helped to create. I watched in the services as teenager after teenager had a "marked-moment". A moment in which they encountered God for themselves and He marked them. They'll never be the same.
2. I want to spend my life helping to create "marked-moments" for people. Moments that help propel them forward in their relationship with God and the adventure He has called them to live.
3. DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT take your Iphone with you to the day of water games...your team WILL pour a bucket of water on your head and your phone WILL get wet. Fail.
4. Daniel Eric Groves is probably one of the most incredible worship leaders I have ever met. He doesn't just sing worship songs, he IS a worshipper. He knows how to lead people in worship and get them to that place of surrender. It's incredible. If you don't have a CD of his go to his sight and get one...NOW! He is the real deal on and off the stage and the crew that he travels with is pretty awesome to. Love those guys!
5. This was the 20th year of Camp Decision, I have been a part of it for 6. Not very long in the grand scheme of things, but long enough for it to have impacted my life dramatically. Last week we honored the founder of Camp Decision, Ray Dubois. PR (Pastor Ray) is probably one of the greatest leaders I have ever met. It was an honor to work with him and for him. He gave me confidence and helped me to believe in myself in a way that no one else has. It was awesome to see the fruits of one mans dedication to the call of God on his life. CD is just ONE aspect of what PR has done, he has done so many other things. But to see what one small piece of his life has accomplished, how many lives it has impacted. Wow. Made me more determined that ever to stay true to my call and purpose. To fulfill His plan and purpose for my life...there are people that need me to. There are people waiting.
6. I realized how important youth camp really is for young people. It unites them, it opens their eyes to so many things. Namely that they aren't out there by themselves. They form friendships with people from all over, they have fun and most importantly, they encounter the living God for themselves.
Epic week. Just epic.
No comments:
Post a Comment