Monday, July 12, 2010
The latest on Talan
Isn't he awesome? So precious. And I get to see him NEXT WEEK! Finally! I'm not sure the little guy is going to be able to handle all the love once ALL of his aunts descend upon him! Ha!
Talan is currently on oxygen as the doctors finally discovered that he is without a right lung. We aren't sure how long he will be on oxygen, they have a follow up appointment with the lung specialist soon I believe. I've been doing a little research on what it means to live with one lung and so far what I find says the first year is the hardest as the body adjusts. And you have to be OOBER careful of germs and such...colds and stuff while not a big deal for most of us can be a really bad thing when you only have one lung. If anyone has more info on all of that or you know of someone in a similar situation, please let me know! Would love to talk with them.
An appointment with an orthopedic surgeons is on the books as well. They will start x-rays and start the process of fixing his right leg. It will be straight, whole and strong!
Talan is a fighter! He won't just survive this life he will THRIVE and bring joy to the lives of everyone he meets. Thank you so much for all your prayers and support. I know Courtney and Devin appreciate it as well as the rest of my family. Don't forget Taylor! Pray that she has grace as she adjusts to her new baby brother...whom she adores! And the fact that mommy and daddy are a bit preoccupied right now.
Much love my friends!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Thanks for the update!
ReplyDeleteHe is just as precious as can be!
I bet you CANNOT wait to hold him and see sweet Taylor!!!