Monday, April 26, 2010

Haiti 2010


That little face is amazing, isn't it?  June 6-12th I head to Haiti, along with 4 other women to love on little ones just like him!  We will spend our days ministering to children and feeding those who are a part of a feeding program.  At night we will be holding a women's conference for several ladies who are coming together from various churches.  

Now, more than ever the people of Haiti need to be reminded not to give up.  They need to be reminded that God sees them, cares for them and will provide for them.  They need to be shown His unconditional love.  What a great way to encourage them, and show them the love of God-- by blessing and feeding their little ones and strengthening their mothers, grandmothers, daughters, sisters and aunts.

Trip cost is $1200, this will cover in-country costs, airline tickets and help pay for some supplies for the children.  If you would like to help, you can donate by clicking here.  The link will take you to the donation page of Life Church (my home church), simply put Haiti in the donation/subject line and it will go towards my trip.  Giving through Life Church allows your donation to be tax-deductible.

I can't wait to share stories and pictures with you when I get back!  And I really can't wait to get there and love on these precious people.  I love that God would move on my heart to go and be His hands, arms and feet to the Haitians.  I love that He gave His Son for them, just as much as He gave His Son for me.  I love that I have the opportunity to go and bring His unconditional love.

No agenda.  Just letting people know...God sees you.  He loves you.  And He cares about you.

Life is such an adventure!

Children in the feeding program.

1 comment:

  1. Wow..we are so lucky to have people like you that are so giving and willing to do this. What a wonderful trip this will be for you and everyones lives you touch.
    I cant wait to hear all about it. I will be praying for you and your group!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin