The bonds of sisterhood are a funny thing. You can be yelling at each other to shut-up and listen one minute and hugging each other the next (no lie, we had that happen this weekend). You can be exasperated and annoyed one second and rolling on the floor laughing the next. You can take on a really crappy tone of voice in the morning and call back and apologize that night and it already be forgotten. There isn't anything I wouldn't do for them.I got to spend almost all of Saturday with all of sisters, a rare thing indeed, for us all to be together in one place at one time. As I was flying home yesterday it hit me that that was probably the last time we would spend the day together for awhile. It's bittersweet.
As of March 27 all of my "little" sisters will be married. Two are mommies (and great ones!). My how our family has grown! I'm so thankful they each have someone to love them, care for them and share their journey with. I've watched them all grow so much over the past few years, as the oldest, it's fun to see how their "little" personalities have developed...into HUGE ones! Ha! Watching them with their babies and remembering how they played with their baby dolls. Or remembering how certain aspect of their personalities drove ME nuts but serves them well in their careers. It's funny the things you remember.
I love being a big sister. I love that I have the privilege of being a part of each of their lives. I love that we have stuck together and remained united even when things seemed to be falling apart. I love that they put up with me being the big sister (even though I think I've gotten a lot better at the whole "bossy" thing). I love that for us, it's not really about what we do, but just about being together. Whether it's shopping or riding in the car or terrorizing Whitney's wedding photographer :), we just enjoy being with each other.
I love being with my sisters. It's my prayer that while we grow and change and our families are added to, our bond never changes. I pray that nothing ever separates us , I pray that we are always willing to listen and grow from one another. I pray that we're always able to talk to each other about anything. Their unconditional love speaks volumes, their lives, even just this far, have taught me so much.
Don't get me wrong. We have our moments :) But in every moment, I am so thankful for each of them. They are incredible women. I don't know what I would do without them.
Love ya sis!
ReplyDeleteand the musical would be White Christmas!
-- This is Whit not Dad