Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Journal entry 11/16/10

((Everyone has an outlet, a way to process things.  Mine is writing.  Just felt like typing out some of what I wrote today.))

It's amazing that it can be such an intense fight to not let your emotions, your feelings, overwhelm you.  Sometimes it feels like you are being torn in two.  One side: feelings/emotions/fears/insecurities screaming one thing  Other side: the Word - God - steadily, confidently assuring you.  Reminds me of when God spoke to Elijah in the still small voice or as one translation says a gentle whisper.  God wasn't in the great and powerful wind that tore the mountains apart and shattered rocks or in the earthquake or in the fire.  He was a gentle whisper.  Sometimes my fears/emotions/feelings and insecurities seem like that wind - powerful enough to shatter rocks - powerful enough to rip me a part and shake me to the core.  But that's not where God is.  Sometimes my emotions seem like an earthquake, they have the ability to shake everything up and break all kinds of stuff.  But that's not God either.  He's the still small voice.  He's the gentle whisper.  He's the constant reminder that says, "I'm here.  I'm with you.  You aren't alone.  You don't have anything to fear.  I've taken care of you up until this point, haven't I?  I will continue to.  Trust Me.  Yield to Me.  Lean on Me."

Believing what God says, believing His Word, is so the opposite of what our flesh wants to do.  Anytime I really dig into standing on the promises of God and choosing to believe His will and His purpose above my own or what I've experienced in the past my flesh rises up and fights me for all it's worth.  But you know what I've learned?  I can believe the Word of God even when my emotions are contrary to what I'm believing and saying.  I have confessed the Word with tears of hurt/insecurity/discouragement/frustration streaming down my face.  I can feel all kinds of things and still believe the Word.  It's kind of crazy but once you realize it, it helps you understand that you aren't a psycho.  Ha!  It's why God tells us to "renew our mind".  So we can walk in the truth of His Word, in His realm.  Where we believe the Word even though everything we see and feel is contrary to what the Word says, contrary to what He has spoken to you.

In due season we will reap...if we don't give up...if we don't quit.  Galatians 6:9

I think sometimes we give up to easily.  I give up to quickly.  We allow what we've experienced in the past to dictate what the future is going to look like.  We're afraid to believe.  Unwilling to open ourselves up to trust God.  After all, what if things go wrong again?  What if doesn't happen like I want?  When I want?
Take chances.
Pursue God.
Dare to believe.  To hope.  To imagine.  To dream.

Don't let emotions/insecurity and fear tie you up.  You can be saying one thing but still believe something else.  Are you really open to what God has for you?  Are you really open to His will?  Or are you using past experiences.  Past hurts/disappointments/uncertainties to dictate what you are going to allow.  We've all been hurt, we've all been burned.  We've all been discouraged and worn out.  Why are you allowing those experiences to keep you from the incredible things God has for you?  He's not going to push His way in.  He wants only the most amazing things for you.  But you have to be open.  You have to be willing.

Why haven't you gone there?
Why have you done that?
Why haven't you pursued this?
Why haven't you allowed that person in?

If fear rises up when you ask yourself those questions then that's the enemy trying to keep you from what God has for you.  Don't hide behind excuses.  Emotions.  Feelings.  Insecurities.  Uncertainties.  It's time to step up!  If things seem to have plateaued for you, if things seem to have been the same way now for awhile, it might be because God is calling you up.  He's requiring more of you.  He's ready for you to take the next step.  To get out of the boat.  To trust Him like you never have before.  To allow Him into areas of your life where you've kept Him out.  He's waiting for you to step out so there can be more.  He's waiting for you to see that He didn't put things together the way YOU think He did.  He wants you to go a different route.  He wants you to make THIS step first and then He'll move you on to that.

Yield to Him.  Not your own feelings/fears or selfish desires.  Yeah it's probably gonna smart a little.  Your flesh is gonna hate it.  But it will be worth it!  Following God, answering Him is ALWAYS worth it.  If we can just get past ourselves.

"I don't want to" and "I'm not ready" are not valid reasons, they are excuses.  And they are keeping you from the "more", from the Ephesians 3:20 life God has for you!  Don't let fear, uncertainty or selfishness rule you!  GO FOR IT!

He needs you.  There are people you are called to reach.  Families you are supposed to touch.  Co-workers you need to influence.  Your life isn't about you.  (John 6:38)  It's about them.  The ones that do not yet know about God and His goodness.

Get your eyes OFF of yourself and ON to Him!  Trust Him.  Just go for it!  What have you got to lose?  You don't think He can pick you up?  You don't think He can take care of you?  God is all good.  All the time.  What He has for you will blow your mind.  If you dare to believe.  If you dare to take Him at His Word.

No eye has seen,
No ear has heard,
No human mind has conceived
What He has in store for those that love Him
1 Corinthians 2:9

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin